Evaluation of final performance.

Here is a vlog that reflects on my performance yesterday.

I was very happy with the responses from the audience after the performance this morning. Many said that it was a friendly and comfortable show to watch. They found that the stage set up helped to clearly place the action between the conscious and subconscious thoughts of the character. I felt the videos, lighting and sound seamlessly transitioned from one piece of action to the next, maintaining a sense of excitement thus keeping the audience’s attention (so thank you very much tech team, in particular Ferenc and Georgia).

Working through the module and after seeing the majority of solo performance shows (with one still to go) I have found that there is a great sense of freedom with creating a solo performance, which at points can be liberating but also has its risks. It is very easy to get lost in your own thoughts or to be happy with the first clear idea. I found early on that I needed to perform to people so that they could assess how the work was shaping up and whether it conveyed the appropriate atmosphere.

Well done to everyone involved in solo performances this year, It was brilliant to see such a great variety of performances and watch them develop from the initial ideas.